The main idea of the research consortia activity is to be the culmination and showcase of all centers of excellences that are collectively disseminated and progressed among the 4 in 1 universities’ initiative. In this regard, activities are tailored to provide regular forum from each university to interact, discuss, share idea, and collaborate in research. Within the umbrella of 4 in 1 university, the research consortia program flows from establishment workshop, proposal development for joint research workshop, collaborative workshop with other 3 CoE hosts, hosting fellow researchers while attending research forum, providing grant for research implementation, conducting research monitoring and evaluation, conducting joint seminar and publication, attending collaboration seminar at the other 3 CoE hosts, providing grant for joint IPR (i.e. book publication), and providing budget for collaborative prototype submission.
The outputs expected from these activities are 5 units of IPR (i.e. book publication), Scopus-listed proceedia at least for one collaborative seminar, one prototype submission, and four seminars. The outcomes from the activities are increasing quality of research and innovation and better network to at least four aspects of tropical studies, educational innovation, biotechnology, and food security. The impacts are (1) giving access to researchers to collaboratively conducting research, (2) sharing relevant experience among the researchers and students in the 4 in 1 university i.e. reciprocal expert teaching and student exchange, (3) increase quality of research by having a larger group of network and sharing facilities, (4) therefore, increasing competitiveness by gaining experience in conducting regular collaborative seminar and publishing Scopus-based proceedia.
Steps to achieve Research Consortia:
1. Lokakarya pembentukan konsorsium,
2. Lokakarya penyusunan nota kesepahaman konsorsium,
3. Lokakarya penyusunan proposal untuk penelitian bersama dan partisipasi kolaboratif di 3 CoE lain (workshop networking),
4. Penerapan program inbound mobility pada forum penelitian,
5. Hibah untuk pelaksanaan penelitian,
6. Monitoring dan evaluasi penelitian,
7. Konferensi kolaboratif di CoE,
8. Seminar dan publikasi bersama,
9. Hibah Uber HKI, dan pengajuan prototipe.
Focus Development for Center of Excellence:
1. Agroforestry: Food Estate, Social Forestry, Non-timber forest products
2. Natural Products: Complimentary medicine, Bioenergy
3. Maritime: River and Delta
4. Environment: Public Health, Cultural Development, Conservation, Post-Mining